Recipe by NMK1013
This is a recipe I got out of a magazine. I love peaches, and I love spareribs, when I saw this recipe I knew it would be wonderful...And they were!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups peach nectar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 6 lbs meaty pork spareribs
Directions See How It's Made
- For rub: in a bowl stir together brown sugar, salt, mustard, five-spice powder, pepper and garlic powder. Rub over ribs. Place on a tray; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill refrigerated ribs, bone side down, on grill rack. Cover and grill 1 1/2-1 3/4 hrs, brushing with sauce the last 15 minutes of grilling( see step 3).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally (should have about 3 cups).
- Brush 2/3 of the sauce over both sides of the ribs during the last 15 minutes of grilling. Pass the remaining sauce with ribs.