Chef #434680's Note:
This is my grandmother's recipe and my family devours this dessert! Fresh peaches are best, but when they aren't in season frozen peaches will work. The recipe calls for 2 tbs of whipping cream and I like to whip the rest of the container and serve it with the kuchen. Everyone will love you for making this dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Peel and slice peaches. If using fresh peaches cut them in half and drop into boiling water for about 45 seconds. This allows you to easily slide off the skins. If the skin is still hard to remove just put it back in the water for a few more seconds.
- 3Mix butter, 1/2 c sugar, egg yolks, flour, and salt with an electric mixer. Mixture will be crumbly.
- 4Grease a 9x12 pan and press mixture into it, spreading it about an inch up the side of the pan.
- 5Cover the crust with neat rows of the peeled peaches.
- 6Make the custard topping by beating the whole eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, and whipping cream. Pour this over the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 7Bake for 25 mins or until the custard is firm. The size of your pan and depth of the custard detemines cooking time, so be sure that the custard is set! It should not jiggle when you shake the pan.
- 8Serve warm or chilled with leftover whipping cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Peach Kuchen
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 338.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g