Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mr. Food recipe from Simple Southern Favorites. I made this for a quick lunch when a neighbor stopped by and it was huge hit. Easy and wonderful like most of his recipes. Can be used as a salad, sandwich filling or as a spread.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, I use Kraft Light
- 15 ounces peas, drained
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the mayonnaise and peas and toss quickly to coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
I like this salad so much that I have made it a few times already. It is easy to prepare. I used Miracle Whip light and frozen peas, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for such a great side dish.