1/4 Photos of Perfect Pasta With No Watching and No Sweating
This doesn't save time but it does make consistently al dente pasta every time (very important for folks in warm climates like mine in New Orleans). It cuts down on the steam you put out into your kitchen.
My Private Note
- 1Boil lots of water, enough for at least one inch above the pasta.
- 2When boil is reached, add your pasta & place lid on pot.
- 3Remove the pot from the heat.
- 4Set a timer for 15 minutes and let pan sit covered.
- 5After 15 minutes, drain off water.
- 6NOTES: Makes perfect pasta every time. I do this with frozen ravioli, too, but it only takes 10 minutes or so. What's funny is that this seems to work for most types of pasta I prepare, without adjusting the timing. I rarely do angel hair or other fine varieties, but they would probably take less time. Play with it and set your own timings.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pasta With No Watching and No Sweating
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 14.8 g