Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A creamy, savoury pasta salad with a little zip! Add any finely chopped veggies you like if you don't like peppers, and ham or other meat if you desire. A great base sauce to "mix it up" with.
- 2 (900 g) boxes whole wheat rotini
- 1 (250 ml) containerpresident's choice chipotle ranch dip
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow are better than green for colour and flavour, but green can be substituted. O)
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated cheese (I used lowfat Allegro mozzarella, but you can use any cheese you like, a jalapeno havarti or montere)
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely chopped meat (If desired. Ham, tuna, salmon, turkey, and chicken will work well, or other meat like sausage for a )
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and add to large bowl.
- Chill in fridge for at least one hour.
- In smaller bowl, mix dip, mayonaise, onions, peppers (or other veggies), cheese, and meat (if desired).
- Refrigerate sauce mixture until pasta is chilled.
- When pasta is chilled, add sauce mixture and mix well.
- Return pasta salad to refrigerator until ready to serve.
This is a wonderful cold pasta salad!! We used regualar rotini loved the chipotle ranch idea and it was really nice to be able to customize ingredients according to preferance. Served this for my in-laws and they loved it!! My husband has made this a few times, super easy and fun because each time is a little different than the time before.