Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A creamy, savoury pasta salad with a little zip! Add any finely chopped veggies you like if you don't like peppers, and ham or other meat if you desire. A great base sauce to "mix it up" with.
- 2 (900 g) boxes whole wheat rotini
- 1 (250 ml) containerpresident's choice chipotle ranch dip
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow are better than green for colour and flavour, but green can be substituted. O)
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated cheese (I used lowfat Allegro mozzarella, but you can use any cheese you like, a jalapeno havarti or montere)
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely chopped meat (If desired. Ham, tuna, salmon, turkey, and chicken will work well, or other meat like sausage for a )
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and add to large bowl.
- Chill in fridge for at least one hour.
- In smaller bowl, mix dip, mayonaise, onions, peppers (or other veggies), cheese, and meat (if desired).
- Refrigerate sauce mixture until pasta is chilled.
- When pasta is chilled, add sauce mixture and mix well.
- Return pasta salad to refrigerator until ready to serve.