Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite pasta salad that I serve all summer long! Lovely with grilled chicken, a crusty bread or rolls and a glass of chilled white wine. I hope you enjoy! Note: Do try to use real French cornichons, if you can get them, as they really make this dish extra special.
- 8 ounces corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained (measured dry)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 cup french cornichon gherkin, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup spanish manzanilla olives, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces sweet grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packetgood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients in order given. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Goes great with grilled chicken and a glass of chilled white wine!
Great Recipe for both Italian and creamy taste. The French cornichon gherkin is a little hard to find; but well worth the search.