Recipe by Clifford Boren
Simple to make and very tasty. You can add a few pinches of dried red chili flakes if you would like it to have a bit more character. Serve with a crisp green salad and a chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Beauty in a bowl!
Top Review by p_chappe
Yummy, a good recipe. But a couple comments... you forgot the beans in the directions (I just added w/ tomatoes and onions). Also the nutritional facts are way off due to preparing the pesto according to package directions. You have to use 1/4 c of olive oil which has approx. 480 cal. I just wanted to point that out for other calorie counters. ;-) Thanks for sharing.
- 3 cups pasta, of your favorite shape (I like small shells.)
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package pesto sauce mix (no fat)
- 1 onion, chopped fairly small
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (15 ounce) cansmall white beans
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pesto according to package directions.
- Put pasta, water, and bullion in large pot or Dutch oven.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- Reduce heat and add pesto.
- Cook stirring frequently until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes and onions.
- Cook stirring occasionally until onions soften a bit.
- Plate up and garnish with Parmesan.