Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy pasta dish for beginners who don't want to open a jar. The ingredient are simple but the taste is big.
- 10 ounces spaghetti or 10 ounces fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta as directed on package making sure to add salt to the water. Set aside but do not drain.
- In a 9" skillet on medium heat add 3 tdsp olive oil. Add garlic and cook stirring till you get whiffs of garlic smell. Try not to brown. If using dry flakes, just stir to coat well with oil. Add red pepper and parsley. Take skillet off heat and using tongs transfer pasta to warm skillet. Reserve the salt pasta water. Return skillet to heat and stir well to coat pasta with oil mixture. Toss and stir as you add about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add one tbsp butter, mix well and add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir and toss for about 5 min If pasta looks a bit dry add a little more of the pasta water and about 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Note: I use mrs dash bell pepper flakes instead of red pepper flakes. It's all in what you like. We sometimes add sun dried tomatoes.
- This dish feeds 4 unless you really love pasta then you might just get only two.