Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These pancakes never fail!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, and oil together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir.
- The batter will be lumpy.
- Turn on the greased griddle to medium heat.
- Pour some of the batter into the griddle.
- Cook until the bottoms are light brown.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook until the bottom is light brown.
The consistency of this batter is exactly what I look for when making pancakes. Poured out beautifully and made "perfect" round cakes. Will definitely be making these again.