1/1 Photo of Perfect One-Bowl Chocolate Layer Cake
To avoid and small lumps in the batter make certain to sift your cocoa powder, and using a good-quality cocoa will only improve the flavor, the batter will not work well for cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 3Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans ( can use 8-inch cake pans an increase the baking time slightly).
- 4In a large bowl combine the sugar with flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix until combined.
- 5Add in eggs, cooled coffee, buttermilk or milk, vanilla and oil; mix using an electric mixer at medium speed beat until smooth.
- 6Add in the water/coffee mixture and beat for another 2 minutes (batter will be quite thin).
- 7Divide mixture evenly between the two cake pans.
- 8Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done (the baking time will vary depending on what size of pan you use).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect One-Bowl Chocolate Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 648.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 51.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g