Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This nutritious oatmeal is so yum and so good for you, tuck into this every morning and feel the difference
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- soymilk or skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon molasses or 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- Combine the water and salt in a small saucepan and turn the heat to high.
- When the water boils, turn the heat to low, add oatmeal, and cook,.
- stirring until the water is just absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Add cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts, stir, cover the pan and turn off heat.
- Let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve with milk and sweetener.
THANK YOU! Aptly titled, this IS the perfect oatmeal! And since I need to eat oatmeal 1-2 times per day, I am so happy I found this recipe. I didn't have enough raisins, so I added some dried cranberries to make up the 1/2 cup. I sweetened mine with brown sugar and topped with vanilla soymilk. This does make 2 hearty servings, but half of this recipe is the perfect amount for me to keep a full belly all morning. Thanks much!
Good tasting oatmeal. I got 3 servings instead of 2 since it was a little bigger serving of oatmeal than we usually eat. Thanks Perfect Pixie. Bullwinkle