1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is the first cheesecake recipe I have made with NO CRACKS! It was delicous, light but rich. I served with strawberry sauce and fresh raspberries. careful not to overmix, that can cause cracks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temp
- 1 lb reduced-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (can use half and half or cream wonderfully too!)
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream (daisy full fat is best here)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1mix crust ingredients and press into a 9 or 10 in springform pan.
- 2grease sides of pan with melted butter- this is important!
- 3preheat oven to 325 with a baking dish of water on the bottom rack (move to lowest position) and move upper rack to second highest position.
- 4beat cream cheese, adding sugar at medium low speed. scrape sides as needed (if you have a mixer with paddle attachment, use it!) until smooth.
- 5on low speed add milk until combined.
- 6add eggs one at a time until combined.
- 7add lemon, vanilla and sour cream.
- 8sift in flour and cornstarch, mix just until combined (still on low).
- 9pour into crust.
- 10bake on higher rack- DON'T open oven before one hour ever!
- 11check on it at 1 hour 5 minutes, if it's set outside but jiggles, not liquid, but definitely shakes) inside, it's done. it usually will need 1 hour 15 minutes at least. the edges should be just turning golden.
- 12TURN OFF oven leave door closed, no more peeking for at least one hour, preferably 3.
- 13refrigerate overnight for best taste.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect New York Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.1
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 325.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g