Recipe by newmama
This is the first cheesecake recipe I have made with NO CRACKS! It was delicous, light but rich. I served with strawberry sauce and fresh raspberries. careful not to overmix, that can cause cracks.
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temp
- 1 lb reduced-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk (can use half and half or cream wonderfully too!)
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream (daisy full fat is best here)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- mix crust ingredients and press into a 9 or 10 in springform pan.
- grease sides of pan with melted butter- this is important!
- preheat oven to 325 with a baking dish of water on the bottom rack (move to lowest position) and move upper rack to second highest position.
- beat cream cheese, adding sugar at medium low speed. scrape sides as needed (if you have a mixer with paddle attachment, use it!) until smooth.
- on low speed add milk until combined.
- add eggs one at a time until combined.
- add lemon, vanilla and sour cream.
- sift in flour and cornstarch, mix just until combined (still on low).
- pour into crust.
- bake on higher rack- DON'T open oven before one hour ever!
- check on it at 1 hour 5 minutes, if it's set outside but jiggles, not liquid, but definitely shakes) inside, it's done. it usually will need 1 hour 15 minutes at least. the edges should be just turning golden.
- TURN OFF oven leave door closed, no more peeking for at least one hour, preferably 3.
- refrigerate overnight for best taste.