Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the internet and it ROCKS!! I've tried several pasta dough recipes, but this one is amazing...This recipe will be the staple of all my pasta recipes...
- Place the flour on the surface you plan on using. Make a well in the flour.
- Into the well, put the salt and oil and carefully break the eggs into it as well. Very carefully, without spilling it over the sides of the flour, begin beating the eggs with a fork, gradually adding flour from the sides as you go.
- When the eggs in the middle have become a little less runny, put the water in the well as well. (Once again, dont spill over the sides of the flour -- you'll have a big mess) Continue to gradually mix in the flour until the mixture in the middle is about the consistency of cake batter.
- Lose the fork and begin to mixx the flour into the wet dough (your hands are going to get sticky -- don't worry, this will go away in a bit).
- Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes until it's smooth and elastic. All of the flour that was on your surface should be in the dough. Once all of your flour is incorporated and your dough is the right consistency, leave the dough for about 20 minutes. (NOTE: you cannot skip this. If you are in a hurry, tough cookies. Skipping this step and not letting the dough rest makes the pasta terrible.).
- When you come back to the dough, break it off in sections and roll and cut to the desired width and length. Enjoy!
This was my first attempt at homemade pasta fun experiance I found it a bit dry but after adding more water it was great , next time i make it i would put it some seasoning in the four like oregano , found it to be a little not enough flavor , But it cooked up great and tried 2 atatchments of pasta , thank you for the great receipe very good