Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Scrambling eggs in the microwave is a one dish affair. No muss, no fuss. These come out perfectly and taste delicious. Found this in an issue of Everyday Food. Microwave cooking times vary and mine actually needs 55 seconds at each step instead of the 45 seconds listed. Don't add extra salt until you've tasted it.
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml milk
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (green onion)
- 29.58 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a large (10oz) microwave-safe custard cup or ramekin, combine eggs, milk, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir in scallion.
- Microwave (uncovered) on high for 45 seconds; stir with a fork. Continue cooking until eggs are almost set, about 45 seconds more. Remove from microwave.
- With a clean fork, stir in cheese; cover with a paper towel. Let stand until cheese has melted and eggs are set, about 1 minute. Top with tomato and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Great fast way to make scrambled eggs. I'll make these often. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Great recipe for when you are pressed for time. I skipped the tomatoes, though. Will be maiking this often. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
Not only were these easy and oh so quick (scrambled eggs in less than 2 minutes!), but they were tasty scrambled eggs. The scallions and tomatoes really added a lot of flavor. Thanks for posting your recipe, Redbelly. Made for the Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef event.