Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother hated her mother's meatloaf growing up, so she kept experimenting with ingredients and finally came up with the perfect meatloaf. It is always moist and tender, and you can adapt the ingredients easily (i.e. my boyfriend hates mushrooms so I don't add them). Play with the salt/pepper to get it to where you like it. I add more cheese because I love cheese, and if you want a bit of zing add the horseradish. The key is texture, it needs to be wet, but not runny and hold together well.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a baking pan (8x8-inch or larger).
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix by hand into ball.
- Move into baking pan and shape into loaf (keep loaf away from edges).
- Bake 30 minutes or until done.