Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandma used to make these mashed potatoes for me when I was a little girl. Sometimes she'd make a whole 5 lb dish and bring it to my house. Before she died she gave me the recipe. I'm the only one who has it in the family...until now. Note that this recipe is wonderful for Shepherd's Pie and used in my Turkey Potpie .
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Place in a pot, cover with water, and boil until tender.
- Mash potatoes, or put in mixer with paddle (my favorite way to do it.).
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, butter, onion salt, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve plain, or with gravy.
- Stays fresh for two weeks.
These are wonderful and onion salt is a must. I usually make extra (10 pounds at a time) and freeze them. They thaw and taste great!