Recipe by Sue Lau
You can adjust the strength of this drink by changing the amount of lime juices used, but it is important to keep the two amounts of lime juice equal.
Top Review by Divaconviva
This is FABULOUS! The perfect balance of lime, sweetness and tartness. In preparation for a Cinco de Mayo party, my husband actually made 3 other recipes and we did a side-by-side taste-test of the four Margarita recipes, including the Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide recipe. We were in complete agreement - Sue L's recipe for a Margarita is the one that's perfect! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 3⁄4 ounce triple sec
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 ounce fresh-squeezed mexican lime juice or 1⁄2-3⁄4 ounce key lime juice, to taste
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 ounce bottled sweetened lime juice, to taste (I used Rose's)
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1 lime wedge (optional)
- 1 cup ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with lime juice; dip into coarse salt or hold inverted& sprinkle coarse salt over the outside of the rim.
- Place cubes in a cocktail shaker and add the rest of the ingredients (use equal amounts of fresh lime juice and sweetened lime juice).
- Shake briskly.
- Pour into glass, garnishing with a lime slice or wedge (if desired) and serve.