Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are many recipes out there for lil smokies and I have tried them all, but none compare to this recipe. The sauce has just enough of a tasty mix of sweet from the brown sugar and spicy from the dijon mustard
- 2 (907.18 g) package Little Smokies sausages
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard (any prepared brown mustard will do)
- Mix brown sugar, ketchup and dijon mustard in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Pour sauce over lil smokies and simmer over low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- You can also put in crockpot on low setting.
I took cookingbrides advice and she was right. Made this last minute for an office potluck and they were a hit. Glad I read her pop-up review.
Absolutely love this recipe. When you have picky kids around it is hard to get them to try new things but my nieces and nephews LOVED these. The sauce is absolutely amazing and delicious. Extremely easy to make.