Found this recipe on "simply recipes". I wanted to make lemonade from scratch, real freshly squeezed lemons and simple syrup and I came across this recipe. Made this for my 6 year old and friends' lemonade stand sales, my pitcher never came home. Turns out my friend who helped the kids with the stand, liked my lemonade better than the powdered stuff, kept my lemonade for herself! Please do adjust to taste, I think the lemons I had were more tart so I added more simple syrup.
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, juice the lemons.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength.
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet, add a little more juice.
- Serve with ice and sliced lemons.
Very good old fashioned lemonade. A little prosecco added to each glass would a great kick!
Very refreshing. Made for "Taste of Yellow" LiveStrong Photo Forum Event. :)