Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a well-balanced, flavorful dressing. It's delicious on any kind of salad - leafy greens, chopped vegetable, pasta or grain - anywhere you need a fresh flavor punch. The raw garlic flavor increases upon standing, so adjust downward if making in advance.
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 pinch sugar (if needed to balance flavors)
- Whisk all ingredients until blended and light yellow or shake in jar until well combined.
Outstanding dressing! We have a lot of limes from our tree right now, so made this with our Bearss limes and it was a lot like a caesar dressing. I doubled the lime and used less salt. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and would definitely make it again. I made half of a recipe for 4 large salads.
Tangy delicious! I appreciate recipes that can be made ahead so made this morning. I did reduce garlic as poster suggested and I also halved the salt amount. Served over roasted cabbage and it was excellent! Thank you, Cinnamon Turtle, for sharing.
This is absolutely fabulous! I love lemon, and I love this dressing. I have made it three days in a row, which is a testament in itself. I use the juice from one lemon, add the zest, and followed the directions precisely. I think the hint of Dijon really adds a nice dimension. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.