Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This is my mom's lasagne recipe. It's just awesome.
Make and share this Perfect Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the italian sausage in a large skillet.
- Drain off excess fat, add the tomatoes and tomatoe paste and basil.
- Simmer for about 5 mins and add a dash or two of sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer while you boil the lasagne noodles until just shy of al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta and pesto.
- Set aside.
- Place a layer of noodles in the bottom of a lasagne pan or large casserole.
- Place a layer of the ricotta mixture over this, then a layer of sliced mozzarella and finally a layer of the red sauce.
- Repeat, ending with red sauce.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until bubbly.