Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect for Eggs Benedict or Whatever you'd like to serve this over :O) I use lime because I like the bite but normally Lemon is used!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (pref. key lime)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 16 tablespoons butter (2 sticks)
- Melt butter in a bowl (1 min in microwave), let cool to room temperature Set aside.
- In a med saucepan whisk together the egg yolks, lime juice and water. Turn on heat to LOW (really low). Whisk vigorously while sauce begins to thicken. (this may take some time but dont give up).
- Once thick enough remove from heat. Whisk butter, then Slowly add to egg mix. Continue whisking -- Place back over low heat. Add spices. Whisk whisk whisk :O) Serve immediately!