1/3 Photos of Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs (Technique)
No fail! Never undercook or overcook your eggs again. I came across this method in my search to avoid the ugly green cast that yolks take on when overcooked. Add on a couple minutes to soak time if you use Jumbo eggs.
My Private Note
- 1Put eggs in large pot.
- 2Cover with water so that there is at least an inch of water above the eggs.
- 3Add a pinch of salt.
- 4Turn on heat (med high) and heat, uncovered, to a boil.
- 5If you have more than a single layer of eggs, you may want to stir them occasionally (gently!) while they heat.
- 6Once the water comes to a boil, watch your clock and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- 7Remove pot from the heat and cover with lid.
- 8Let sit, covered, for 11 minutes.
- 9Drain and cool eggs for 2 minutes in ice water.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs (Technique)
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 83.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g