Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hamburger seasoning makes the tastiest, juiciest burgers ever! We used 91% lean because the little bit of extra fat kept these patties moist and delicious. Also, the dry seasoning mixture will make more than you need but that leaves more for next time!
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In an airtight container or plastic bag, mix together salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, smoked paprika, and thyme.
- Shake until well mixed.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce and approximately 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture.
- Make into patties and grill or pan fry.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
I like the flavors but 2 tablespoons is way too salty for one pound of meat. I will use it again but try I tablespoon first and then up it from there. Again, good flavor combination. I use these same spices in my every day cooking and it was nice to have regulated measurements.
The seasoning has great potential, but 2 Tbs for only 1 pound of hamburger is way too salty. I think next time I'll cut the salt in half and only use 1 Tbs of the seasoning then see if that makes it better.
I used two pounds of meat and 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and all of the seasoning mix. Everyone liked these but my hubby. He thought it had too much seasoning but I thought that was what made them good. I got 8 burgers out of 2 pounds of meat. I cooked them on the grill.