Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I hate scrambled eggs. Except, that is, when I make them. These, I like. If you're looking for firm eggs, go somewhere else; these are both moist and gooey, while not undercooked (I have a horror of salmonella). Simply double to serve 3 to 4 (or two people with bigger appetites).
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perrins, of course)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk or 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 slice cooked ham, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup Mexican blend cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray non-stick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Heat up over medium to medium-high heat.
- (Use medium on an electric stove, medium-high on a gas.) While pan is heating, whisk together eggs, Worcestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper with a fork, just until blended.
- Pour into pan and stir continually for about 2 to 3 minutes, until eggs are cooked.
- Because of the milk, they will remain moist, but they should not be runny or sticky.
- Turn off heat, but leave pan on burner.
- Add ham and cheese.
- Stir until everything is mixed, ham is heated, and cheese is melted.
Came across this recipe quite by accident. My groceries hadn't been delivered so I googled the few ingredients I did have and this recipe came up. I wasn't too keen as I really don't like worcester sauce but with kids due home for their lunch I decided to give it a go. I used good quality left over home roasted ham and cheddar cheese and (despite not liking it) double the amount of worcester sauce. Once cooked I spread it on toast and served sprinkled with chopped spring onions and a small side salad. I was surprised to find I really enjoyed it. I think I'd add more worcester sauce next time or if the kids aren't around a little west indian hot sauce :)
Just okay to me. You really have to like Worchestershire for this to work for you. It seems pretty strong. Would have given 3.5 stars if available but since that's the only thing different about how I normally make scrambled eggs, I'll be looking for another twist next time.
I never make breakfast foods, so BF was surprised when I made these. We really enjoyed them. I made these using cubed ham, fat free cheddar cheese, and egg substitute. I think I'll try a little more Worcestershire Sauce next time just to bring the flavor of it out some more.