1/1 Photo of Perfect Grilled Stuffed Tomatoes
This is an amazing summer side dish and one that will totally wow your guests. It is simple to make, but looks really fancy. Great served with steaks or burgers!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cut tops of tomatoes and scoop out the insides. Set tomatoes aside.
- 22. Cook orzo as directed
- 33. Finely chop the shallots and sauté in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 44. Brown Pancetta in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 55. Finely chop parsley (remove all stems).
- 6In large mixing bowl add:.
- 7cooked and drained orzo, sautéed shallots, pancetta, parsley, goat cheese, parmesan, red pepper, thyme, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, zest and juice from one lemon. Mix all ingredients together.
- 8Stuff each tomato with mixture.
- 9I make this ahead and put it on the grill when my guests arrive - easy entertaining!
- 10Grill on medium heat for 12 minutes (top rack). Make sure the tomatoes are cooked through. Don't be afraid to char them a bit - it just adds flavor.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Grilled Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.1
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 404.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: