Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an amazing summer side dish and one that will totally wow your guests. It is simple to make, but looks really fancy. Great served with steaks or burgers!!
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 2 shallots
- 1⁄2 cup browned pancetta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1. Cut tops of tomatoes and scoop out the insides. Set tomatoes aside.
- 2. Cook orzo as directed
- 3. Finely chop the shallots and sauté in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4. Brown Pancetta in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 5. Finely chop parsley (remove all stems).
- In large mixing bowl add:.
- cooked and drained orzo, sautéed shallots, pancetta, parsley, goat cheese, parmesan, red pepper, thyme, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, zest and juice from one lemon. Mix all ingredients together.
- Stuff each tomato with mixture.
- I make this ahead and put it on the grill when my guests arrive - easy entertaining!
- Grill on medium heat for 12 minutes (top rack). Make sure the tomatoes are cooked through. Don't be afraid to char them a bit - it just adds flavor.