Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite lunch time snack. Not the healthest, but sometimes we need to be bad. If you like cheese this sandwich oooses it!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- i can't believe it not butter margarine
- 3 slices American cheese
- 2 slices honey-roasted ham
- Heat a small nonstick frying pan to medium.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on slice of bread butter side down into the frypan.
- Layer cheese, ham, cheese, ham,& cheese.
- Fry for 1 1/2 minutes and check underside to see if bread is golden brown.
- Flip sandwich if ready, if not leave in pan for no longer than 1 more minute.
- Remove sandwich from pan and rest on spatula to allow the sandwich to cool without getting soggy.
- Slice& eat.
Hubby and my boys love these. I make exactly as written and they enjoy them.
I tried this recipe and added garlic powder, as well as some Mrs.Dash. Plus I minced up some garlic and mixed in with my margarine. This one is a keeper for sure !!