Recipe by Jodi Consoli
This may not be everyone's favorite style of granola, but I did a lot of experimenting to get a granola with good texture and flavor - and free of foods that my system can't tolerate: GLUTEN, DAIRY, AND SOY. I also have found a lot of granola recipes to be too sweet and too expensive to make with all of the honey they call for. So I have tried to avoide that with my recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 118.29 ml almonds, chopped
- 354.88 ml rolled oats, gluten free (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 28.39 ml sesame seeds, raw
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds, raw
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 28.39 ml water
- 29.58 ml peanut butter, natural
- 59.16 ml margarine, dairy and soy free (I use soy-free Earth Balance)
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- DO NOT preheat oven!
- Put almonds, rolled oats, sesame seed, sunflowerseeds, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, water, peanut butter, margerine, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Spread on a stoneware cookie sheet, or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put in a cold oven.
- Turn oven on at 350* F.
- Bake 15 minutes (do not double recipe, it will interfer with the baking time and consistancy of the granola).
- Add raisins.
- Stir and bake about 5 minute more, watching cafefully so as not to burn.
- When it is golden brown, remove and cool.
- Granola may seem too wet and sticky when you remove it from the oven, but it will get crunchy as it cools.
- Enjoy with a milk substitue and fresh berries!