Jodi Consoli's Note:
This may not be everyone's favorite style of granola, but I did a lot of experimenting to get a granola with good texture and flavor - and free of foods that my system can't tolerate: GLUTEN, DAIRY, AND SOY. I also have found a lot of granola recipes to be too sweet and too expensive to make with all of the honey they call for. So I have tried to avoide that with my recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, gluten free (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds, raw
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, natural
- 4 tablespoons margarine, dairy and soy free (I use soy-free Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1DO NOT preheat oven!
- 2Put almonds, rolled oats, sesame seed, sunflowerseeds, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, mix sugar, water, peanut butter, margerine, and vanilla.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- 5Spread on a stoneware cookie sheet, or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 6Put in a cold oven.
- 7Turn oven on at 350* F.
- 8Bake 15 minutes (do not double recipe, it will interfer with the baking time and consistancy of the granola).
- 9Add raisins.
- 10Stir and bake about 5 minute more, watching cafefully so as not to burn.
- 11When it is golden brown, remove and cool.
- 12Granola may seem too wet and sticky when you remove it from the oven, but it will get crunchy as it cools.
- 13Enjoy with a milk substitue and fresh berries!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Gluten Free Granola for Me
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 375.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 13.6 g