1/2 Photos of Perfect Gluten-Free Corn Bread
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was adapted from one of my favorite cookbook authors, the late Sheila Lukins. I converted her recipe to gluten-free. It is creamy on the inside, but with a crispy crust, and an intense corn flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/8 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cream-style corn (canned Del Monte)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- 2Combine the cornmeal, millet flour, potato starch, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- 3In another bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, melted butter, oil and eggs. Add this to the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined. Then stir in the creamed corn.
- 4Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, and bake in the center of the oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 minutes.
- 5Cool in the pan on a rack for 15-20 minutes. Then remove the cornbread from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Gluten-Free Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 376.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder