Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Recipe came from Food Network Magazine 04/12 - pp 142-143. It inspired me for the Easter holiday because it was a bit different than the typical pineapple glaze ham. It was quick and easy to prepare and it came out so juicy!!! I used a Marionberry Jam - you can use any jam/marmalade of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Dry the ham and bring to room temperature.
- Score the fat in a crosshatch pattern, making the cuts about 3/4 inch deepand1inch apart.
- Put the ham flat-side down on a rack or in the pan itself; add 1 cup of water.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack, 40 minutes, adding more water if the pan gets dry.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze; whisk the jam, sugar, mustard, vinegar and worcestershire.
- Brush the ham with HALF of the glaze; cover loosely with foil and bake 45 more minutes.
- Brush with the remaining glaze and bake, uncovered, until the glaze is browned, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let rest 15 minutes before carving. This is when I baked the cornbread in the oven.