Recipe by spatchcock
These are great. Besides almonds, ginger is my favorite flavor, both in asian cooking and COOKIES! Hope you like these!
Top Review by shera_ashley
This is a wonderful cookie recipe. Very quick and easy to make. I dropped my cookie dough into muffin tins and they came out looking perfectly round...they didn't last long though!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- extra sugar (for rolling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven at 350°.
- Have 2 baking sheets on hand.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the molasses.
- With the mixer set on its lowest speed, beat in the flour mixture followed by the crystallized ginger.
- Roll the batter in your hands into 1-inch balls, then roll them in the sugar mixture.
- Set them on the ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are crisp on the outside but a little soft on top.
- Cool the cookies on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.