1/1 Photo of Perfect Fried Pork Chops
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My fried pork chop recipe :) I came up with this after trying many recipes & not really finding the flavor I wanted for my pork chops. I will sometimes skip soaking as I don't always have time. Choose soak time wisely, as the longer they soak the harder it is to keep the breading from falling off due to excess moisture absorbed in the soaking process. I suggest boneless tho as they are easier to tenderize & will require less soak time to keep juicy. Bone in will take longer, but still work with this recipe. Parsley is optional, some people find that it burns too easily so you can omit & the flavor will not change much at all. I personally love this recipe with a side of Louisiana hot sauce for dipping, I find it compliments the flavor perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix milk with first amount of salt (2 teaspoons) and allow pork chops to soak in this mixture for as long as you'd like, about an hour to maybe four works well. Overnight soaking will result in too much moisture & your breading will fall off.
- 2Remove pork chops from brine, and set aside. Brine should be discarded.
- 3Mix all spices in with flour.
- 4Heat oil in pan.
- 5Coat each side of the pork chops, applying pressure to make the batter stay on during cooking. One coat is good for a thin layer of batter. For a thicker coating, dip them in a separate bowl of a little milk with an egg mixed well, and again in the flour.
- 6Make sure oil is hot. You can check by dropping a pinch of flour in, and it will sizzle if it is. Oil temperature should be around 375 degrees F, if you have an oil thermometer.
- 7Cook on each side 4-6 minutes on each side, or until meat is no longer pink inside. Chops with bones will take a bit longer, and we cook them on one side until blood starts to come out of the bone before flipping. If you have a meat thermometer, the inner temperature should be at least 160 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Fried Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.1
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 2486.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 52.8 g