Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange flower water (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices bread
- butter or oil, for the skillet
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar and flavorings, then stir in the milk.
- Pour the batter into a pie plate and put in two pieces of the bread.
- Let stand for 3 minutes, then turn it over and lets stand again to absorb the batter.
- Press on it with your fingers. You can tell if it's still dry.
- Melt a little butter in a large nonstick skillet. When its bubbling, pick up the bread and put it in the skillet.
- Cook both sides until nicely browned.
- Repeat with the remaining bread and batter.