Recipe by Danceswithskillets
Ok, so maybe it's not perfect, but it's good!
Top Review by Ian Magary
I never thought of using the cinnamon/raisin toast for french toast... I always was using up leftover sourdough and french bread. I can tell from some of your other recipes that someone in your family has diabetes or glycemic issues. Try this recipe for a healty, low-carb breakfast treat: Cottage Cheese Pancakes Recipe #403667. I have type 1 diabetes and am always looking for new meal variations like your oatmeal and cheese! I'm trying that for lunch! Thanks. - ian magary
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, half and half, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Fry butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip bread in mixture and place in skillet.
- Brown bread on both sides (about 3 minutes on each).
- Serve with syrup, fruit, whipped cream, or your favorite topping!