Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is perfect to help you cool down on those hot summer days! Hope you enjoy it!
Make and share this Perfect for a Hot Day Frozen Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups 7-Up soda
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 2-quart dish.
- Freeze until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Variation: Mixture may be spoon into muffin cups lined with paper liners for individual salads.
Totally yummy and super easy! I had some whipping cream I needed to get rid of and added a glug or two of that to this recipe. It was awesome. Thanks so much!
This was so easy to put together and looked so fresh and festive on the table ~ I love it! I used 1/4 c. Splenda in place of the sugar and it was plenty sweet that way; next time I'll try using diet 7-Up, too, just to see if I can shave a few more calories off that way. I made individual servings in muffin tins and got 20 generous servings. It seemed to work best to ladle the fruit in first with a slotted spoon and then go back and fill in with the juice. (I love that juice portion...it tastes like wedding punch!) I'm always looking for easy brunch ideas for church potlucks, showers and such; this will be perfect! I think I might add some blueberries for color and garnish with mint leaves if I'm taking it somewhere 'for show.' Thanks so much for posting!