I can't believe this isn't on here yet! It is the ONLY way I make them and it's a fave among all visitors and family members!
- Heat pot of water 'till boiling.
- Peel and cube potatoes - add to boiling water.
- Boil gently until a fork can be inserted very easily into a potato - drain.
- Add milk to the pot to heat it up.
- Transer potatoes to a mixing bowl.
- Add margarine/butter and turn on mixer to low.
- Gradually add warm milk until it is your desired consistency.
- Add baking powder - mix on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Salt & pepper to taste mixing thoroughly.