Recipe by dukeswalker
I can't believe this isn't on here yet! It is the ONLY way I make them and it's a fave among all visitors and family members!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Yes, fluffy! Don't worry if you add too much milk, the potatoes will thicken up eventually. Tip: use a large and deep bowl to mix the potatoes or else the potatoes will be flying all over the kitchen. White pepper for black. Very good!~ Thanks! cg ;)
- 5 -6 yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pot of water 'till boiling.
- Peel and cube potatoes - add to boiling water.
- Boil gently until a fork can be inserted very easily into a potato - drain.
- Add milk to the pot to heat it up.
- Transer potatoes to a mixing bowl.
- Add margarine/butter and turn on mixer to low.
- Gradually add warm milk until it is your desired consistency.
- Add baking powder - mix on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Salt & pepper to taste mixing thoroughly.