Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Using my medium thick chili recipe, with all the fixins, onions, cheese and corn chip scoops, arranged right, will look just like a sunflower. It makes a great presentation for fall chili night.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 23 ounces Frito Scoops
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced onion
- In a slow cooker on the lowest to medium setting, add the ground beef, tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes, beans, and all the spices including the chil mix. Let cook several hours, check always to make sure the meat is fully cooked. Better results of flavor if it cooks for 4-6 hours.
- Here is the fun part. Scoop 1 1/2 cup into a soup bowl or table bowl, put 1/3 cup of cheese in the center, and add your scoops around the bowl in a petal format. Once put together, top with your diced onions.