1/4 Photos of Perfect Everyday Iced Coffee
Kris B.'s Note:
Frustrated with most coffee shops' inability to make an iced coffee the way I ask for it (brown, not white) and the actual cost of iced coffee, I spent awhile experimenting with different formulas at home. This is a recipe which most people are going to tailor to their own tastes. I am typing the recipe with more cream and sugar than I put in myself, so that those who prefer the way coffee is usually made at a coffee shop will have something very close to that, particularly if they use ground coffee from that shop. Myself, I use 2 teaspoons of half and half with a tablespoon of sugar, and brew my coffee a tad stronger. I found that once I perfected my own iced coffee, I could make it in less time than it takes to stop at Honey Dew. You can always do something else while the coffee is brewing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brew your coffee double strength by using 2 tablespoons of ground coffee with 3/4 cup water.
- 2Fill a tall glass with ice. A normal sized travel mug works well, but don't use anything smaller than that.
- 3After the coffee has brewed, pour it into a ceramic mug or other heat-safe container.
- 4Stir in sugar. This avoids the sugar at the bottom of the cup which usually happens at coffee shops.
- 5Pour over ice. You'd think it would be best to chill the coffee first, but it cools down immediately and melts down enough of the ice that it becomes normal strength.
- 6Add half and half, or your usual cream.
- 7Try this recipe a few more times; fiddle around with it. I think this should make a good base recipe for most people.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Everyday Iced Coffee
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
regular grind coffee