1/3 Photos of Perfect Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan Secrets
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I don't like mushy eggplant so had to develop my own recipe. I've checked in Zaar and although there are some close to mine, there is just enough difference to make it worthwhile posting. When I'm having spaghetti, I always make enough sauce and freeze it so that I can have eggplant the following week or so. I don't peel eggplant but that's your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium eggplants (or 3-4 Chinese eggplants)
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, more if needed (beaten)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (Italian flavor or flavor your own)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 cups pasta sauce (make your own or purchase)
- 1Wash eggplant, dry, trim ends.
- 2Slice to 1/4 inch rounds.
- 3Sprinkle salt on both sides.
- 4Spread out in strainer over sink, or in bowl for 1 hour to drain moisture.
- 5Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 6Put flour in flat dish, eggs in bowl, breadcrumbs in separate flat dish.
- 7Coat both sides of slices in flour.
- 8Dip in egg.
- 9Coat in breadcrumbs.
- 10Stack in separate dish.
- 11Heat oil in pan.
- 12Brown slices in oil a few at a time, may have to change oil if it gets too brown.
- 13Drain on papertowels (I just do this in layers).
- 14In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a couple of tablespoons of sauce on the bottom.
- 15Place a layer of eggplant (can be overlapped), spread sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- 16Repeat layers till done. Takes me three layers, so divide all items in three.
- 17Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan Secrets
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 1144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g