Recipe by Yankiwi
If you are frustrated by hard boiled eggs which are difficult to peel, try steaming them instead of boiling. No vinegar, no timing issues. Just steam for your normal boiling time, they come out perfect, even very fresh eggs which are the worst to peel. I found this recipe on Backyard Chickens and figured if anybody knew how to boil eggs they would.
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a saucepan with about an inch of water.
- Place your steamer in the saucepan.
- Poke a small hole in the large end of each egg. A pushpin or small screw works well but you can twist the end of a small knife into the shell carefully to make the hole. I've even forgotten about the hole, it still works.
- Put the saucepan on a medium-high heat, when the water comes to a boil, turn down to just above a simmer.
- Start timing from when you turn on the heat. I like 18 minutes.
- Cool in pan or under running water.