If you are frustrated by hard boiled eggs which are difficult to peel, try steaming them instead of boiling. No vinegar, no timing issues. Just steam for your normal boiling time, they come out perfect, even very fresh eggs which are the worst to peel. I found this recipe on Backyard Chickens and figured if anybody knew how to boil eggs they would.
My Private Note
- 1Fill a saucepan with about an inch of water.
- 2Place your steamer in the saucepan.
- 3Poke a small hole in the large end of each egg. A pushpin or small screw works well but you can twist the end of a small knife into the shell carefully to make the hole. I've even forgotten about the hole, it still works.
- 4Put the saucepan on a medium-high heat, when the water comes to a boil, turn down to just above a simmer.
- 5Start timing from when you turn on the heat. I like 18 minutes.
- 6Cool in pan or under running water.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 71.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g