Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 mins
When I was 16 years old, I moved in with a indian guy ...He taught me to make these dosa's.I found them be real simple, compared to the long process of making it traditionally.I hope you enjoy this recipe..Do let me know how it worked out....
- 1 cup urad dal flour
- 3 cups rice flour
- 6 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salt, more salt if needed
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- vegetable oil
- Mix the urad dal flour and rice flour.
- Slowly add in buttermilk until it drops from the spoon smoothly. A blender will ease this process.
- Add salt and fenugreek seeds to taste.
- Refrigerate batter overnight in an air-tight container.
- Heat oil in pan. Pour the dosa into the pan quickly. Use the bottom of a ladle to spread it thin and GENTLY smooth it out in a circle motion. Too hard and you will tear the dosa.
This one worked out great, if I do it again I would reduce buttermilk 25% and replace it with regular milk. The Dosas where a little sour tasting. I think this recipe could be better paired with a filling.