- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- water, to thin
- 4 cups highly seasoned flour (for dredging, use anything you like; for shrimp, my usual mix is salt, pepper, granulated garlic, an)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs and flour together, then thin with water to a consistency just thick enough to adhere to the food you intend to fry.
- If necessary, rinse or dip food to be fried in water.
- Then dip food into seasoned flour, then into batter, then back into the seasoned flour.
- For shrimp, onion rings, or almost anything else, you'll be able to gauge doneness by the golden color of the batter; the trick is to not attempt to batter-fry too-large pieces of anything.