Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on a google search...it was delicious!found at http://www.sapphireblue.com/recipes/batter.phtml
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- water, to thin
- 4 cups highly seasoned flour (for dredging, use anything you like; for shrimp, my usual mix is salt, pepper, granulated garlic, an)
- Mix eggs and flour together, then thin with water to a consistency just thick enough to adhere to the food you intend to fry.
- If necessary, rinse or dip food to be fried in water.
- Then dip food into seasoned flour, then into batter, then back into the seasoned flour.
- For shrimp, onion rings, or almost anything else, you'll be able to gauge doneness by the golden color of the batter; the trick is to not attempt to batter-fry too-large pieces of anything.
Thank you for listing this batter recipe! I used it on shrimp last night, and it was magnificent!
excellant!! i've used this several times and i find that if i put the food in the fridge for an hour or so after i've coated it, the coating stays on better when i fry it.
Iti s a good recipe and easy to prepare. I like it very much.Thanks for posting.