Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I just watched this on Good Eats with Alton Brown
Make and share this Perfect Cup of Tea recipe from Food.com.
- Place loose tea leaves into a warmed tea kettle.
- Pour heated water over loose tea leaves.
- Let steep.
- Strain tea and serve.
- *Note: For Oolong and Green tea, water should simmer at 200 degrees F. and 180 degrees F.
- *For Irish and English tea bring water to a full boil.
- *Black tea should soak for 3 to 5 minutes. Oolong tea should soak for 4 to 7 minutes. Green Tea should soak for 2 to 3 minutes.
- * If using cream pour this in the bottom of the cup before adding the tea.
A good technique thanks Charlotte! I always use one teaspoon per person and one for the pot..........however, as I used a stong darjeeling tea this afternoon, I followed your instructions. I always warm the pot before adding the tea and water too.......it helps with brewing and heat retention! I served this with milk and sugar and also some teatime treats for some French neighbours! Thanks for posting the recipe, made for Tea Time in the Photo's Forum! Merci! FT:-)