I just watched this on Good Eats with Alton Brown
Make and share this Perfect Cup of Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons loose tea
- 4 cups water
- Place loose tea leaves into a warmed tea kettle.
- Pour heated water over loose tea leaves.
- Let steep.
- Strain tea and serve.
- *Note: For Oolong and Green tea, water should simmer at 200 degrees F. and 180 degrees F.
- *For Irish and English tea bring water to a full boil.
- *Black tea should soak for 3 to 5 minutes. Oolong tea should soak for 4 to 7 minutes. Green Tea should soak for 2 to 3 minutes.
- * If using cream pour this in the bottom of the cup before adding the tea.