Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
From Modern Greek. Faskomilo is sage which grows abundantly in Greece and is collected at the end of summer. This tea is widely drunk as a soothing medicinal tea to cure colds, sore throats, inflamed gums and upset stomachs.
- 2 tablespoons sage (faskomilo) or 2 tablespoons dried chamomile
- 2 glasses water
- 2 teaspoons greek honey (or to taste)
- Place sage and water in a small saucepan.
- heat over low heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Using a strainer, pour the tea into 2 glasses, add honey to each and stir well.
- Enjoy with a Greek biscuit!
I made this delicious tea using the fresh sage option. So good, quick and really easy to make. I picked sage from my garden and used Orange Blossom Honey for a tea to be remembered. It was very relaxing. Thanks for sharing. I'll be making this one again. Made for ZWT9.
I went outside, picked some sage & cooked it up! Well, steeped it up! Lovely & relaxing! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.
Made this for the wife and I. I not a real fan of flavored teas but the wife says it's a 5 so it gets a 5! Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"