Recipe by Audrey M
These are absolutely delicious.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I made this exactly as posted; they were so good. The potatoes were very tender, but still held together in slices with the edges nicely browned. I used russet potatoes and left the peel on them. This recipe would be perfect for those times when the oven is being used for something else, or when it's too hot to heat up the oven.
- 1⁄4 lb diced cooked bacon
- 2 medium thinly sliced onions
- 4 medium thinly sliced potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line crock pot with aluminum foil, leaving enough to overlap potatoes when finished.
- Layer half of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper and a dot of butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Overlap with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 9 hours.