1/3 Photos of Perfect Crispy Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
If pumpkin seeds are properly toasted they are wonderfully crunchy to eat, boiling the seeds in the stated amounts of water will create the best crunchy pumpkin seeds --- you will use 2 cups water to every 1/2 cup seeds and about 2 teaspoons of salt to every 2 cups water --- yield is only estimated it will depend on how much seeds you get from one medium pumpkin.
My Private Note
cups se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to middle position.
- 3Cut open the pumpkin.
- 4Use a strong metal spoon to scoop out the insides of the pumpkin.
- 5Separate the seeds from the stringy core.
- 6Rinse the seeds under cold water.
- 7In a small saucepan add in the seeds to the water and salt (the amount of water and salt you will need is listed in the heading) bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes (set timer to for this, and start timer when water is at a full boil).
- 8Remove from heat and drain well.
- 9Place on a paper towel and pat the seeds fairly dry (they do not have to be completely dry!).
- 10Brush about 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a cookie/baking sheet.
- 11Spread out the seeds onto the cookie/baking sheet in one layer.
- 12Bake for about 20 minutes or until the seeds begin to brown.
- 13When the seeds are browned to your liking then remove from oven and let the pan cool on a rack.
- 14Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 15Either crack open to remove the inner seed or eat whole.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Crispy Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: