Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Your search for the perfect universal cream cheese frosting is over. I was never satisfied with different cream cheese frosting recipes- they were either too tart or too sweet. One holiday season I toyed with a couple of recipes until I came up with my own version... Please try it and let me know...
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesof soft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of soft margarine
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine your frosting ingredients in the usual manner.
- I can't remember how much this recipe yields exactly, but I know it will more than generously frost and fill a 2-layer cake--.
It may be because I used light cream cheese, but when I made it using these proportions it didn't have much of a cream cheese taste and was a bit runny. I added another 8oz package of cream cheese and it was very good- similar to Cinnabon frosting.