These crab cakes are the best - no fillers, no gimmicks so don't use imitation. Splurge for the good stuff and you won't regret it. Except for the crab, you can really add the rest of the ingredients to taste. Instead of doubling or tripling the recipe, make several batches to ensure the crab is seasoned properly. This recipe will make about 6 dinner sized crab cakes (or crab cake sandwiches!) but also delicious mini hors d'oeuvres. Serve with the mixed greens and lemon vinaigrette and cole slaw. Or serve on buns with tartar sauce for crab cakes sandwiches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or fresh bread crumbs if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix all ingredients except for mayo and bread crumbs in bowl. Make sure crab is coated with seasonings.
- 2Fold mayo and bread crumbs into mixture gently.
- 3Form into crab cakes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 4Melt butter over medium heat until just beginning to brown. Add crab cakes, taking care not to crowd them in the pan. Make in batches or use more than one skillet if need be.
- 5Saute crab cakes 4-5 minutes a side. Serve immediately or, if cooking in batches, keep in warm oven (150 or 200) until ready to serve.
- 6To make vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients together. Will keep in refrigerator for a week so it's easy to make ahead.
- 7Toss vinaigrette with mixed baby greens and serve crab cakes over top. Drizzle extra vinaigrette over crab cakes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Crab Cakes (Chesapeake Bay Style) With Lemon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 528.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning